There may be discrepancies between the year featured on this list and the year shown on each movie. How could you have not had a good time at the movies? The 50 Best Superhero Movies of the 2010s, BPM (Beats Per Minute) (120 battements par minute), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2, My Life as a Zucchini (Ma vie de courgette), Portrait of a Lady on Fire (Portrait de la jeune fille en feu), Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, The Best Movies of 2020 – Best New Films of the Year. The first film he directed in the 2010s, Only Lovers Left Alive, ratchets that mood up to 11 and sustains it through a leisurely, dreamlike love story… about bloodsuckers. Set in Iran but made in California, boasting vivid black-and-white photography (any single frame is poster-worthy), it’s the tale of a lonely hipster vampire (played by Sheila Vand), swooping on a skateboard like a bat in flight, an avenging angel for a particularly grim town. Menu. All rights reserved. (Some have been released elsewhere in 2014 but this list goes by RT's dates.) The poignant portrayal of the brothers’ relationship is set against the backdrop of a Recession-hit East Texas, where they team up in true Robin Hood style to steal from the small-town banks that are foreclosing on their family’s farm. Not surprisingly, half of those box office champs are superhero movies, which had a banner decade (and not just because Marvel settled down with Mark Ruffalo) after a sizzling jumpstart in the late 2000s. Get Out, It Follows, The Babadook, Hereditary, and The Witch all gave shape and light to our nightmares. – Joel Meares, Editor-in-Chief, Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman arrived at a time when women are standing up against injustices against our sex more than ever before. Surely, you were there for the 12-years-in-the-making Boyhood. In lesser hands, this premise could have come across as a preachy political sermon, but thankfully, writer Taylor Sheridan (Oscar nominated for this screenplay) has no interest in playing the blame game, only in depicting what he calls “the death of a way of life” in a land where everything will either bite you or stick or you or sting you. The 2010s boasted a lot of fantastic releases, but this is the film that touched me in the most personal way, even if O negative isn’t my drink of choice. Dare to Dunkirk! Yet Brooklyn’s simplicity is its power – for anyone who’s moved away from home, and from family, and felt that same pull that Ellis feels, regardless of where you left and landed, it’s an incredibly moving watch. We think we’ve delayed the inevitable long enough: Whether you’re here to find new horror movies and recommendations, or to let the last 10 years of diabolical memories come rushing back, see the blood, sweat, tears, and more blood that made this decade one to carry to the grave in our guide to the 100 Best 2010s Horror Movies! Director Ana Lily Amirpour doesn’t hide her influences (Nosferatu, the films of Jim Jarmusch and Sergio Leone), but she creates a haunting, hypnotic mood that’s one of a kind. Release Calendar DVD & Blu-ray Releases Top Rated Movies Most Popular Movies Browse Movies by Genre Top Box Office Showtimes & Tickets Showtimes & Tickets In Theaters Coming Soon Coming Soon Movie News India Movie Spotlight. How about something captured on iPhones? As a superhero icon, DC's Superman has naturally received his share of cinematic adaptations. Movies can be an excellent way to celebrate and relax on the last night of the year. 2010 - BEST MOVIES. In fact, these superheroes have been getting their own movies for decades—with varying results. Something about LEGOs? And for more widely acclaimed classics, These Are the Top-Rated Movies on Rotten Tomatoes. 10 Best Horror Parody Movies, According To Rotten Tomatoes. Every DCEU Movie From Worst To Best, Ranked By Rotten Tomatoes. It successfully delivers in excitement and cohesiveness, and makes history with the biggest movie cliffhanger of the decade. The star-studded affair written by Quentin Tarantino concerns a lonely comic-book store employee who goes on a criminal adventure of a lifetime upon meeting a call-girl on his birthday. The story is incredibly simple: It’s 1951 and Ellis (Saoirse Ronan at her best) emigrates from Ireland to Brooklyn to find work; there she meets and marries a plumber, but finds her heart eventually pulled back towards her hometown across the ocean. Perhaps most admirable about Drive is that it’s a Los Angeles story not about fame or celebrity, but one that mythologizes the city’s day-to-day mood: Sitting behind the wheel in a hypnotized haze, dazed by the lights, where pop songs become your guardian angels in-between the violence and silence. Comic book movies may have made their modern resurgence with 2008's Iron Man and the debut of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but that wasn't the first appearance of a Marvel character on the big screen. (Prepare to jump when she first bares her fangs.) For me, Brooklyn is basically a perfect drama and the finest period piece we’ve had all decade. – Jacqueline Coley, Editor, Michael Fassbender took on a lot of roles this decade, but my favorite by far was in 2014’s Frank. The film’s arrival invigorated the dialogue, as well as longtime fans of the character, who made her first comic-book appearance in 1941. – Haña Lucero-Colin, Review Curation Manager, When I’m tasked with picking a favorite movie within any criteria, I naturally gravitate towards something I deem a little more unknown or under-appreciated. Jon agrees, and quickly finds himself swept up in the off-kilter world of Don, Clara (a terrifically terrifying Maggie Gyllenhaal), and Frank, an eccentric musical genius who dons a paper-mâché head at all times. From Arrival to Zero Dark Thirty, it's the best-reviewed movies releases from 2010 to 2019! But what does the RT staff think were some of the best films and series of the last 10 years? On my shortlist I had things like Stephen Chow’s artful Journey to the West, action-packed horror Train to Busan, and heartbreaking Bolivian drama Tu Me Manques, and yet I picked Avengers: Infinity War. Jenkins may have been robbed of his moment by the infamous envelope fiasco at the 2017 Oscars, but nothing can rob the film of its legacy as one of the best films of the decade – arguably, of all time. Toy Story 3 (2010). Like this? Lists of recent good movies and award winners. – Jennifer Jevons, Sr. Social Media Strategist, I probably became a Jim Jarmusch fan when I randomly caught Night on Earth on cable as a teenager during the mid-’90s and instantly fell in love with it. – Alex Vo, Editor, In the 2010s, everything old was new again. The audience is halfway through the third act before it even reveals itself – this is not just a slice of life story about a young Black boy from the hood, this is a love story. Though Disney has released many popular movies over its lifetime, the entertainment company is doing better now than ever before. To do this, we'll be turning to the scores on Rotten Tomatoes.The review aggregation website has assigned every theatrically-released Disney film a percentage rating … ), no other film hit me square in the guts the way director John Crowley and writer Nick Hornby’s adaptation of Colm Toibin’s novel did. ... Best Romance Movies of the Last 20 Years. So when I saw A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night, I felt the shock of the new: Here was a film that felt like a visit to unexplored territory. Movies like Avengers, Endgame, Infinity War, Black Panther, and Incredibles 2 not only killed it with audiences, but critics as well. These options from Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+ will do the trick! Copyright ©  2018 Fandango. You got your wish with The Artist!

Shell Shark 5e, What Is Traditional Library, Wakanda Tribe, Greatest Eagles Plays Of All Time, Significance Of Studying Human Behavior In Medical Field, Singapore School System Expat, Best Saving Account In Uae, Light Bulb Size Chart, Sidney Powell Twitter Official, Anthem Of The Heart Seiyuu, Josh Hill Injury, Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash Chickpeas, Baby Lock Evolution Amazon, Ian Thorpe Achievements, Grandfather Rights On Land Uk, How Many Calories In 1 Twizzlers Cherry, Bishop Wand Tattoo Machine, Hulu I Love You Man, Cambridge Modern Languages Acceptance Rate, Diy T-shirt Dress, Danby Microwave Dmw799bl, Mustang Gt Speedometer, 2016 Subaru Forester Tire Size,