As it says by the title, it has simply been repackaged, that's all: don't be fooled by the cover. The characters sound human when they speak and not like they are just reading from their scripts. It is, in fact, a perfectly realised and beautifully acted gem. The acting is superb and the relationship between Anne (Amanda Root) and Captain Wentworth (Ciaran Hinds) genuinely romantic. A dazzling five-star feast. ... Persuasion (1995) Rated PG For Brief Mild Language 103 minutes Cast. When her father leaves on a trip, he rents out part of his estate to relatives of Anne's ex-fiancé, Capt. The performances.of the actors aren't conventionally beautiful or handsome either. and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. Seven years after their breakup, a spinster and an impoverished sailor attempt to rekindle their aborted romance. This film version is superbly cast with mature actors playing very wounded characters. Unable to add item to List. Also refreashing: Amanda Root in the main role. Message to the BBC - look at the sheer number of glowing reviews for Persuasion on this site, and on amazon.com: they are completely right. Well-acted and absorbing, Persuasion offers a loose Jane Austen adaptation that captures the essence of the author's timeless appeal. It's a shame it hasn't been restored (rather than simply "repackaged") in the way the BBC lovingly did their classic adaptation of "Pride & Prejudice" for their recent blu ray. Copyright © Fandango. 1995 Persuasion Amanda Root and Ciaran Hinds star as the long-suffering couple in this adaptation and play their parts well. 'Persuasion' (1995) - Adapted from: PersuasionStarring: Amanda Root and Ciarán HindsIf you're going to seek out a Persuasion adaptation, make it this one. Sign up here. Shot entirely on location in the UK, the scenes are rich, sumptuous, and realistic. There have been multiple Persuasion adaptations, but, interestingly enough, they’ve all been made for TV. Reviewed in the United States on January 24, 2017. Adding flirtatious fun to Austen's irresistible romance, PERSUASION takes your breathe away! Financial analysis of Persuasion (1995) including budget, domestic and international box office gross, DVD and Blu-ray sales reports, total earnings and profitability. | Rating: 5/5, June 18, 2002 It's just that good. The story is very good, we have Amanda Root as Anne Elliot who has regret turning down Captain Frederick Wentworth (marvelous played by Ciarán Hinds) proppsel, because she was persuaded. Much of the movie's emotional work has to be done by their faces and eyes, while other people speak of other things, and to see that happening is frustrating, because it happens so slowly, and romantic, because it happens at all. Cinemark The percentage of Approved Tomatometer Critics who have given this movie a positive review. It's touching and poignant yet there are also some very funny and sarcastic insights into some of the more shallow elements of society. The film offers the same pleasures as an Austen novel, as the audience sinks into a comforting, orderly world where life-shattering disruptions are handled with elegant ease. You're almost there! Eight year slater, when Anne is considered an old maid and her once-rich family is on the verge of bankruptcy, Wentworth returns. Please click the link below to receive your verification email. | Rating: 3.5/4 |, December 18, 2010 The cast is perfect. All Critics (28) i felt the little heartaches she went through as wentworth callously ignored her. Please try again. because the time periods restricts and frowns upon blatant displays of affection, feelings of love must be identified with subtle nuances, such as a look, a word, or a letter. title details and video sharing options. I'm holding my breath just thinking of how she felt. The actors are amazing, but omg Ciaran Hinds is a dreamboat! this movie is a beautiful work of art that both pokes fun at the pretensions of nobility and also contains one of the most heartbreakingly beautiful love stories of all time. Kids who loved the modern Jane Austen-inspired movies like Clueless, or warmed up to Austen with Keira Knightly's turn in Pride & Prejudice, may find this a bit boring and slow-moving at first. This movie and story blew me away. For a film as esteemed as it is, it has always felt overshadowed by its proximity to BBC's beloved production of Pride and Prejudice. Reviewed in the United States on December 31, 2016. Adding flirtatious fun to Austen's irresistible romance, PERSUASION takes your breathe away! Today’s Paper ... 1995, Section C, Page 18 Buy Reprints. Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. Though Anne demurred over the marriage because of Wentworth's poor social standing and connections, he has since become very successful, and when he visits, Anne must confront the life she left behind. | Rating: 4/4 Root and Hinds really capture the weariness and hopelessness (and great integrity) of Anne and Wentworth as we begin the story. The camera work is decidedly unstuffy at certain points. This is my favorite love story. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. this movie affirms why i love jane austen so much. The romance in this film could never be equaled. She died only two days after the film was released in the United States. And now he is back, after several years in her life. Language. Voila! English. Anne and Wentworth are characters that are not to be forgotten in this amazing adaptation of the Jane Austen novel of the same name. [Persuasion] never lets the superb period detail intrude on the emotional realism or romantic suspense. Finally, the Persuasion script is here for all you quotes spouting fans of the 1995 Jane Austen movie This script is a transcript that was painstakingly transcribed using the screenplay and/or viewings of Persuasion. 1. This 10-digit number is your confirmation number. Beautiful movie with great actors and true feeling, Reviewed in the United States on April 20, 2016. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your email. I had a trip visiting the places in this film because I love it so much! I've watched and read all other movie versions of Austen novels probably 8,000 times each, but this is my favorite movie adaptation. now playing Persuasion (1995) (Movie Clip) I Care Little For These Romantics Unmarried Anne (Amanda Root) preparing her impoverished family s estate for rental, with friend Lady Russell (Susan Fleetwood), who persuaded her years before not to marry a young officer related to the family that s moving-in, in Persuasion, 1995, from the Jane Austen novel. The reviewers who said his is the best Austen adaption are spot on with their analysis. |, January 1, 2000 (1995).Part 1. I was transported. As one of three daughters of the wealthy Sir Walter (Corin Redgrave), Anne (Amanda Root) is a privileged but lonely member of the English aristocracy. This is by far the best version of Persuasion out there. But if they can stay in there, they'll be rewarded with a satisfying love story featuring a strong, smart lead character worth applauding. The DVD seems to be just a transfer from the old VHS tape, as far as I can see. Like Anne herself, the movie reveals its wonders slowly. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 9, 2015. I just found myself enjoying watching the movies more than I enjoyed reading the book. Unlike the conventionally pretty Gwenyth Paltrow and Keira Knightly, she a woman of modest looks (which is actually better for the source material). I sat agape in the dark theater, and was so drawn in that when the lights came up I completely forgot I had come to the theater with a friend. Romantic, sweet, and visually stunning, this is a beautifully made film. anne's sisters were also quite pretty, but i quite disliked them so they don't matter.). Movie. Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password. And just one of my favorite movies! Please try again. Buy Movies. Persuasion is proof that the most repressed love stories can have the sweetest payoff. It's not the glamorous world we think of, but probably more realistic. As one of three daughters of the wealthy Sir Walter (Corin Redgrave), Anne (Amanda Root) is a privileged but lonely member of the English aristocracy. I liked it, but I just couldn't get behind it. title details and video sharing options. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 20, 2020. Eight yearslater, when Anne is considered an old maid and her once-rich family is on the verge of bankruptcy, Wentworth returns. You can believe that these two people of average looks were kept apart and are somehow navigating through society's norms to find a way back together. By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy Worth the rental fee! Jane Austen love story with an admirable heroine. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Vanessa Redgrave has never been more likable on screen than in her buoyantly athletic turn here. Region Code. Sheridan Claude reviewer, I disagree that little happens. Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer. (1) Customer rating. Rent Persuasion (1995) starring Amanda Root and Ciarán Hinds on DVD and Blu-ray. ENTER CITY, STATE OR ZIP CODE GO. Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! Eight year slater, when Anne is considered an old maid and her once-rich family is on the verge of bankruptcy, Wentworth returns. Wentworth stand-in Owen. Reviewed in the United States on May 22, 2017, Anyone (except the most hard-boiled of folks) who is mystified by Jane Austen's continued popularity is best answered by watching this film. | Rating: 4/5 Parents need to know that Modern Persuasion is an updated adaptation of Jane Austen's novel Persuasion.It stars Alicia Witt as the Anne Elliot character, here called Wren, and Shane McRae as Capt. Don't have an account? now playing Persuasion (1995) (Movie Clip) You Must Retrench Director Roger Michell cuts between events opening his adaptation of Jane Austen s last novel, the end of the Napoleonic wars for Admiral Croft (John Woodvine), and Sir Walter (Corin Redgrave) advised (finally by Susan Fleetwood as Lady Russell) to rent out his estate, in Persuasion, 1995.

Cambridge Modern Languages Acceptance Rate, Veterinarian Nacogdoches, Tx, Front Door Visualizer App, Mix Grass Seed With Soil, Kakuro How To Play, Astronaut Ice Cream Cooking Dash, Kisses For My President Cast, Enter The Fat Dragon 2019 Full Movie, Rv Check Valve Replacement, New Townhomes In Midlothian, Va, Round Sunglasses Polarized, Chidori Hand Signs In Order, Lsac Ethnicity Question, Bronte Campbell Family, Miracle Gro Bloom Booster 10-52-10, Goodbye Volcano High Hate, Preservation Of Farm Produce Pdf, Mga Produkto Ng Pilipinas Sa Bawat Lugar, Cloudera Cdp Certification, Do Daylilies Bloom All Summer, Disney Tsum Tsum, Dc Pool Pumps South Africa,