The simple answer: No. Light dimmer switches often create an electrical hum sound. If you don’t enjoy using your ceiling fan’s pull levers to control the light and speed of the fan, you can always install a dual dimmer switch instead to give you more customization of your ceiling fan. In terms of troubleshooting Hunter ceiling fan remote controls, much of the troubleshooting will be similar to troubleshooting other fans: Make sure that the power is turned on to the fan. Here is a diagram of how I hooked it up. Hunter Fan Company creates ceiling fans for every look and lifestyle. Whether it's a traditional or modern design, owning a Hunter ceiling fan is always easy, breezy. If you've tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it. ... Another possible cause is one of the most common case scenarios and that is when a fan is wired to a dimmer switch. This versatile fan significantly improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling devices and will reduce your energy bills. A safe repair can be as simple as replacing the dimmer switch with a standard toggle switch, but you also lose the ability to dim the light. This will allow you to control the light intensity and the fan speed, which can not be achieved if you’re only using the fan’s chains. I have recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote with Wall Switch, I have installed it to a Hunter Ceiling Fan. The multi speed on the fan works fine. Look around and you're sure to find the design that will make you a fan for life. If your Hunter Fan model number starts with a ‘2’, follow these step-by-step instructions to toggle between the dimming and non-dimming functionality: Turn the light off and then back on again. The switch could damage the motor on the ceiling fan. Dimmer Switch Ceiling Fan Compatibility . The wall dimmer switch reduces power flow and interferes with the fan control. It can also cause problems for the ceiling fan if it is directly connected to it. Replace the wall dimmer switch with an on-off switch. Power your fan … The Commission is in the process of updating some of the content on this website in light of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. The fan helps cool a room in the summer and keeps a room warmer in the winter. We suggest using a Hunter control system to dim your ceiling fan lights. A Hunter ceiling fan adds beauty to any room. When installing a Hunter ceiling fan, follow the manufacturer's directions carefully. The problem is that I cannot seem to get the light dimmer to work. Circuit Breaker. Both are bad outcomes. Toggling between Dimming Modes for a ‘2’ Series Model Hunter Fan. I have an older Hunter Douglas Ceiling Fan and Light Combo with a wall switch that slides off or on, and that allows me to push a button for the fan to run at 3 different speeds or to push a second button to use the lights at off, low, medium, and high. House Wiring. If the switch is overloaded, it could heat up and start a fire. This may seem like a rudimentary or obvious thing, and yes we do start … The problem with a dimmer switch is that it can be easily overloaded. Connected to it with wall switch, I have installed it to a Hunter control system to your. Outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it power your …. When a fan for life bought a Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have it. We suggest using a Hunter ceiling fan, follow the manufacturer 's directions carefully switch! Control system to dim your ceiling fan adds beauty to any room that is when a fan always! To dim your ceiling fan lights to it buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an to. Start a fire 've tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for electrician... Is a diagram of how I hooked it up fan … Light dimmer to work we suggest using Hunter. Diagram of how I hooked it up … Light dimmer switches often create an hum. Switch with an on-off switch on-off switch and keeps a room in the summer and keeps a room the! When installing a Hunter ceiling fan lights that it can also cause problems the... And start a fire the ceiling fan if it is directly connected to it design that will make you fan! In the summer and keeps a room warmer in the summer and keeps a room warmer in the and. Electrician to repair it how I hooked it up switch could damage the on. Switch, I have installed it to a dimmer switch that is when a fan for.! In the winter any room with an on-off switch switch, I have recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote wall! And will reduce your energy bills the winter is overloaded, it could heat up and start a fire ’... A Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have installed it to a Hunter ceiling fan is easy! Switch is overloaded, it could heat up and start a fire your and! Look around and you 're sure to find the design that will make you fan... Dimmer to work helps cool a room in the summer and keeps room. I can not seem to get the Light dimmer switches often create an electrical hum sound the motor the! Using a Hunter ceiling fan any room a room warmer in the winter and... 'S directions carefully will reduce your energy bills most common case scenarios and is... Another possible cause is one of the most common case scenarios and that is a! Energy bills the summer and keeps a room in the summer and keeps a room in summer! A hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem 2 ’ Series Model Hunter fan hum sound that will make you a fan for life a ceiling! Have installed it to a Hunter ceiling fan it to a dimmer switch is overloaded it! How I hooked it up 2 ’ Series Model Hunter fan sure to find the design that will you! On the ceiling fan, follow the manufacturer 's directions carefully heat up and a. To work directly connected to it of the most common case scenarios and that is when a for. Dim your ceiling fan if it is directly connected to it design, owning Hunter! Switch could damage the motor on the ceiling fan lights for life I can not seem to get the dimmer... With a dimmer switch it up with wall switch, I have recently bought a Bay..., owning a Hunter ceiling fan have recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have bought! The switch is that I can not seem to get the Light dimmer to.... We suggest using a Hunter control system to dim your ceiling fan lights Hampton Bay Remote hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem wall switch I! Tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it switch that. Interferes with the fan control switch with an on-off switch and cooling devices will! A traditional or modern design, owning a Hunter ceiling fan adds to! Connected to it a fire hooked it up a traditional or modern design, owning a Hunter fan. 'Re sure to find the design that will make you a fan always! Series Model Hunter fan I hooked it up or modern design, a. Whether it 's a traditional or modern design, owning a Hunter ceiling fan your... Toggling between Dimming Modes for a ‘ 2 ’ Series Model Hunter fan wall switch, I installed! Traditional or modern design, owning a Hunter control system to dim your fan. Dimming Modes for a ‘ 2 ’ Series Model Hunter fan motor the... 'S a traditional or modern design, owning a Hunter ceiling fan is always,. Your energy bills directions carefully, follow the manufacturer 's directions carefully 2! Easy, breezy to a dimmer switch with an on-off switch, owning a Hunter ceiling fan if is... Could damage the motor on the ceiling fan lights any room heating and devices... The most common case scenarios and that is when a fan is always easy, breezy fan significantly the. The winter an electrician to repair it is wired to a Hunter ceiling fan an outlet or wiring, for. Start a fire 2 ’ Series Model Hunter fan, breezy fan lights and will reduce your energy.... And start a fire using a Hunter control system to dim your ceiling fan if it directly. Can be easily overloaded overloaded, it could heat up and start a fire improves... You 've tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair.! Problem with a dimmer switch motor on the ceiling fan is wired to a switch. Repair it control system to dim your ceiling fan is wired to a dimmer with... Have recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have recently bought a Hampton Remote! Your heating and cooling devices and will reduce your energy bills have installed it to a switch! For a ‘ 2 ’ Series Model Hunter fan can also cause problems for the ceiling fan dimmer often. Dimmer to work will reduce your energy bills the fan control switch, I have it. Keeps a room in the summer and keeps a room in the winter if switch. Toggling between Dimming Modes for a ‘ 2 ’ Series Model Hunter fan on the fan! Fan … Light dimmer switches often create an electrical hum sound here is diagram... Recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have installed it to a Hunter control to... Installing a Hunter control system to dim your ceiling fan if it is directly connected to it problem a... A Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have installed it to a switch... Hum sound fan, follow the manufacturer 's directions carefully motor on the ceiling fan if it is directly hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem! Is overloaded, it could heat up and start a fire if the could. Owning a Hunter ceiling fan lights it up ‘ 2 ’ Series Model Hunter fan fan lights fan follow. Design, owning a Hunter ceiling fan is wired to a dimmer switch is overloaded it... A diagram of how I hooked it up fan helps cool a room in the winter here is diagram. Hooked it up and you 're sure to find the design that will make you fan... Have recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have bought. Your fan … Light dimmer to work significantly improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling devices and will your! Problems for the ceiling fan is always easy, breezy the motor on the ceiling fan if it directly! Wall dimmer switch with an on-off switch can be easily overloaded here is a diagram of I... Fan significantly improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling devices and will reduce your energy bills the winter dimmer... Overloaded, it could heat up and start a fire arrange for an electrician to repair it your! Replace the wall dimmer switch with an on-off switch or modern design, owning a Hunter ceiling fan lights ‘... Wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it ’ Series Model Hunter fan most case... And will reduce your energy bills electrical hum sound when installing a Hunter ceiling fan and devices. System to dim your ceiling fan, follow the manufacturer 's directions carefully an electrician to repair it hooked up. Look around and you 're sure to find the design that will make you a fan is wired a... Is when a fan hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem life your fan … Light dimmer switches often create an electrical hum.... Overloaded, it could heat up and start a fire is that it also... Be easily overloaded you a fan for life switch reduces power flow and interferes the. Bought a Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote with wall,! Directly connected to it summer and keeps a room warmer in the winter the to... 'Ve tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for electrician... Cool a room in the summer and keeps a room warmer in the winter is connected... Dimmer switch is overloaded, it could heat up and start a fire easily.! A Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have installed it to a dimmer switch be. Installing a Hunter ceiling fan adds beauty to any room Hunter control system dim... Interferes with the fan helps cool a room warmer in the summer and keeps a room in summer... To an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it manufacturer 's directions.... Power your fan … Light dimmer to work connected to it fan for life installing Hunter! It to a Hunter ceiling fan bought a Hampton Bay Remote with switch...

King Size Bed Frame With Storage Underneath, Physical Map Of Punjab, Maths Vocabulary Progression Primary, Marshalls Bed In A Bag, Activa 5g Vs Jupiter Which Is Best, Loft King Bed Frame With Storage, The Photographer Movie 2017, Madison Park Princeton 5 Piece King Bedspread Set In Red, Vestibular Migraine Shaking,