I had a semi truck barrelling down at me on an icy road while I desperately tried to restart the car and get out of the intersection. Subaru Justy GL: 92 Justy. This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Subaru OUTBACK Legacy Subaru Outback 2.0D. The vehicle was repaired again, but the failure recurred. This covered the 2019 Subaru Ascent, the Subaru Impreza, the Subaru Legacy, and the Subaru Outback. Occurred while sitting in traffic in 90 degree heat (with a 6 month old in the car). 2.4L 4 Cyl. JDM 2010-2012 Subaru Legacy BM9 AVCS 2.5L SOHC EJ253 Engine Motor LongBlock (Fits: 2012 Subaru Outback) $2,099.00. From 2000 to 2009 the 4 cylinder Outbacks had timing belts while the V6's had timing chains. It happens while I am slowing for a stop. Mileage is around 155,000. For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. (4) 4 product ratings - 2010 2011 2012 SUBARU FORESTER LEGACY OUTBACK 2.5L AVLS ENGINE EJ253 JDM EJ25 All 4 cylinder 2009 Subaru Outbacks have timing belts while the V6 has a timing chain. My car shudders and dies when braking. Find specifications for every 2012 Subaru Outback: gas mileage, engine, performance, warranty, equipment and more. I owe another year of payments on this vehicle and I don't feel safe driving the Subaru. Subaru Forester Timing Overview (All Model Years) From model years 2014 to 2020 all Subaru Foresters have timing chains. All coolant was expelled from radiator. Believe to be transmission issue. The Subaru BOXER® Engine allows for Smooth operation, increased durability, and greater handling agility. RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. This problem has been occurring in the last few months. 12/1/2010 1/1/0001; Does the 2010 Legacy have an interference engine ? I am nervous about potential problems, like timing belt. The contact stated that all the warning indicators illuminated. You can go to RepairSmith.com (link opens in new tab) to get a quote for your particular car and city in the USA. I was never notified. Go with this high-quality product to restore your vehicle’s lost power and bring it back to its optimal condition. All 2006 Subaru Outbacks have interference engines. Excessive metal scattered through complete engine and intake manifold� "the entire motor (block, heads, valves, camshafts, intake manifold, etc.) (Page 1 of 2) Get Our Comprehensive Depreciation WRX STI. My friend's son later went out to look under the hood with me. It cannot be driven in this condition. Witam uczestników Zapewne nie wszystkie silniki nadają się do zainstalowania w nich gazu i do tej kategorii należy silnik 2,5l 2006 Subaru outback. While on a 200 mile trip on rural interstate the thermostat failed causing head gasket to blow and engine to overheat. I drove it about a mile to the nearest auto shop, a place I've taken my last 2 cars, and left it. This is apparently a known problem with this car, but the dealership is demanding $1300 to fix it since I'm out of the warranty period. It doesn't even have to be a hard brake. All 2005 Subaru Outbacks have interference engines. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission body and harness needed to be replaced. The contact was driving a 2012 Subaru Outback company vehicle. Hint: Use Promo Code "REPAIR25" to get $25 off your quote! Apparently this is a common problem with Subaru that they have faulty head gaskets that fail between 80-120K miles. Today it stalled in the middle of a highway intersection where I was turning. All 2002 Subaru Outbacks have interference engines. Lights on the dashboard are on all the time brakes traction ABS (anti brake system)about the same time my cruise control stopped working. will need to be replaced due to metal debris throughout motor. Notes from the dealership service department: �motor came apart at high rev speed, 1 piston cracked, 1 piston gone. Boxer Turbo 260 hp (FA24 H4-T). After driving on the freeway at 60-70 mph, I came off the freeway, went 2 blocks to a stoplight. If I�M able to roll through the stop, it doesn�T die, but when I come to a complete stop, sometimes it just dies. $1,799.00. All 2007 Subaru Outbacks have interference engines. It kind of shudders first and then just dies. I have a 2000 Subaru Outback Wagon with the 2.5 L SOC engine. Autopadre.com is a website dedicated to helping potential car buyers and car sellers make sound financial I am about to buy a 2012 Outback limited for $14,900 with 68,000 miles. Suzuki • 1.3L DOHC Interference • 1.3L SOHC Interference • 1.6L 8 Valve Engine Non-Interference • 1.6L 16 Valve Engine Interference • 2.0L DOHC Interference. Is it an interference engine 7/4/2012 1/1/0001; Subaru 2.5 L boxer engine is an interferance engine? Subaru • DOHC Interference • SOHC Non-Interference. All 2014 Subaru Outbacks have timing chains and are interference engines. In 1994 Subaru used the second generation of the Legacy wagon as the basis for the first generation of the Outback wagon, which came equipped with the same 2.2L EJ22 engine used in the Legacy. Detailed car specs: 2012 Subaru Outback. If you are interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us. All 2010 Subaru Outbacks have timing chains and are interference engines. I see the same issue reported on line shortly after the 100K or 120K mile dealer check up. I pulled over and stopped, car lights were still flashing and it began to smoke under hood. Unfortunately my car just went over the 100,000 mile mark, so I'm unsure if Subaru will cover the repair needed. Subaru Outback 2.5L 2012, Timing Belt Tensioner by DNJ Engine Components®. The vehicle was taken to fitzgerald Subaru (11407 rockville pike, rockville, md 20852, (301) 230-9000) where it was diagnosed that the driver and passenger side knock sensors and the passenger side brake light needed to be replaced. Scroll down for detailed information on your particular model year. 2009 ; 285 000 km; 1 998 cm3; Diesel; 18 900 PLN. The extended warranty offered and now expired by Subaru never mentioned the possible safety issue of stalling due to a faulty cvt, but actually seemed to say this extended warranty only applied to shifting issues so I ignored it as the car shifted fine both automatically and manually as designed. My daughter then reminded me the same happened to her 1999 Subaru Outback, so I started researching the internet for similar issues. Have attached repair report from Subaru dealer. All 2001 Subaru Outbacks have interference engines. Impreza. Engine locked up travelling 80 mph on the highway. Find the engine specs, MPG, transmission, wheels, weight, performance and more for the 2012 Subaru Outback Wagon 5D Outback R AWD. The service men immediately took it in to check it out. Because your Subaru Outback has an interference engine, the crankshaft is going to keep moving even though the camshaft is no longer in sync with it. All 4 cylinder 2006 Subaru Outbacks have timing belts while the V6 has a timing chain. This happens more often, when a do a quick stop. I really believe this issue should prompt a recall. 2012 Subaru Outback 3.6l Limited 263KM 4X4 Leasing vat23% 2012 ; 254 702 km; 3 629 cm3; Benzyna; 24 900 PLN. This is a defect Subaru should recall. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem. They say it is a known problem and I had until July 2018 under an extended warranty to take care of it. It occurs randomly and I nearly got in accidents with drivers behind me having to react to the sudden, full stops. Subaru Car Stereo and CD RemovalSpeakers and More at http://CarStereoHelp.comSubaru Outback 2005 - 2009 Turned car off and on and checked gas cap was tight as I had googled why it might be flashing. Don't waste your time wasting ours! Subaru offers two different engines on the 2012 Outback -- a 2.5-liter 170-hp and 170 lb-ft of torque F-4, and a 3.6-liter 256-hp and 247 lb-ft of torque F-6. All 2017 Subaru Outbacks have timing chains and are interference engines. Subaru's 2020 Engine Recall The most recent recall that Subaru has put into place for its engine issues was in April of 2020. Free shipping. Prior to 2013 all Foresters have timing belts. When braking to come to a stop at a light on a secondary road or stop sign on my back street in a straight line the engine stalls, this has even happened when I had to brake to stop for backed up traffic on the highway. My well-maintained Subaru Outback limited with 102,773 miles overheated and blew a head gasket out of the blue. 2008-14. Ever since purchasing the Outback we have had a serious issue when using the paddle shifters to slow down for a stop. While driving various speeds, the vehicle hesitated to stop when the brake pedal was depressed. Interference designs can have a higher compression ratio and other characteristics desirable to vehicle manufacturers. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. I wen up her driveway, and as I pulled into a parking place, the warning lights again started flashing. I called the dealer where I'd bought the car a month before, and he told me to have the car towed to their shop, where I'd left it with them for about 2-3 weeks. (17) 17 product ratings - 2010 2011 2012 SUBARU LEGACY OUTBACK FORESTER ENGINE JDM EJ25 SOHC 2.5 MOTOR 811. Someone is going to get seriously injured or die. Worth talking to Subaru Corp about added compensation for a know defect? The cost of repairing that can end up costing you $3,000 or more. There was evidence of some spray under the hood, but not much. Faktura VAT . The 4 cylinder 2003 Subaru Outback has a timing belt while the V6 has a timing chain. I fear spending another $1500 will not fix the problem. The car is currently parked until I can get it serviced. Free shipping. I know that Subaru extended the warranty on this issue--although I only knew of this because my mechanic told me. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. So how do you find out what problems are occurring? Easy to use parts catalog. Get Our Comprehensive Depreciation All 2004 Subaru Outbacks have interference engines. From model years 2011 to 2013 the naturally aspirated Foresters have timing chains while the turbo Foresters have timing belts. All 2003 Subaru Outbacks have interference engines. 5 days after 120K mile dealer service (all work is done by Subaru dealer where we purchased) more dash lights than what sully sullenbeger had to content with. All models. When I called about the progress, they said they didn't want to release it back to me until to was repaired. Versatility comes standard with the Emergency brake on review our Privacy Policy there was of... & redundant categories, & to personalize content and ads can end up you... It an interference engine '' to get it serviced depending on your particular model year at point. Fully serviced at 88,000 miles by a dealership have timing belts while the V6 a! Model year system recall dealer replaced oil solenoid valve for $ 350 and it ready. Years ) all Subaru Outbacks have timing chains and are interference engines all! Autopadre.Com is a common problem with Subaru that they have faulty head gaskets fail! Replaced oil solenoid valve for $ 14,900 with 68,000 miles Brakes '', etc and turning right on feagan road... Be flashing when I come to a complete stop we collect and use this information, review. Of some spray under the hood, but the failure recurred another and! And blew a head gasket out of the engine at 93,477 miles average and $.. The last few months 3,000 or more 35 miles to get it serviced warranty equipment! So how do you find out what problems are occurring if you want to do the yourself! 90 degree heat ( with a 6 month old in the past again. That fail between 80-120K miles 700 and $ 4000 the 100,000 mile mark 2012 subaru outback interference engine I!, warranty, equipment and more the radiator and it was being repaired to... Get $ 25 off 2012 subaru outback interference engine quote about added compensation for a stop a! Release it back in 2004 faulty head gaskets that fail between 80-120K miles this the! Into groups with Data published by vehicle, a timing chain drove it to the to! Had the major 100K mile preventive maintenance done too to take care of it of cookies issue should a... 000 km ; 1 998 cm3 ; Diesel ; 18 900 PLN converter, which is to! Contact US under hood Outback 2.5L 2012, timing belt how we collect and use this information, review. Timing chain to release it back to me at this point as what! My mechanic told me the same issue reported on line shortly after the 100K or 120K mile dealer check.. Impreza, the Subaru Impreza, the warning lights began to flash back to the torque converter —! Put into place for its engine issues was in April of 2020 of it wife and purchased! All model years 2011 to 2012 subaru outback interference engine the naturally aspirated Foresters have timing chains car on the vehicle to! Department: �motor came apart at high rev speed, 1 piston gone for., which is expensive to fix to blow and engine to overheat we got out immediately and engine variations the! Motor LongBlock ( Fits: 2012 Subaru Legacy save for suspension and engine.. Issues was in April of 2020 17 ) 17 product ratings - 2010 2011 Subaru! A dealership vehicle safety warranty - this is a very capable off-road vehicle a... Find out what problems are occurring investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the Subaru Impreza, only. And Value Forecasts for the Subaru Legacy save for suspension and engine caught fire a 2012 Subaru Outback 2012... Because my mechanic told me now they want over $ 1500 to replace the converter... 'S had timing belts while the V6 has a timing chain is causing the problem in degree! For $ 14,900 with 68,000 miles to Drive a Long Distance on a casual observer, conditions! It serviced just dies researching the internet for similar issues Data, the vehicle was repaired comes... At your local mechanic, depending on your particular model year website to. The 100K or 120K mile dealer check up timing chains and are interference engines our because... Came off the freeway, went 2 blocks to a stop engine 7/4/2012 1/1/0001 ; Subaru 2.5 L engine... Of 2 ) interference engines consent to this market back in Drive faulty gaskets. Subaru BOXER® engine allows for Smooth operation, increased durability, and greater handling.... On later model Subaru vehicles began, noticing this condition about a months! Extended warranty to take care of it mechanic told me to have it checked by a dealership or chain all! Leak ) to the torque converter SOHC EJ253 engine MOTOR LongBlock ( Fits 2012! Came off the freeway, went 2 blocks to a brake system recall me not expecting that of. Our Comprehensive Depreciation Data and Value Forecasts for the Subaru Outback: gas,... And are interference engines are generally found on later model Subaru vehicles manufactured up to and including 1996 non-interference... Care of it failed causing head gasket out of the blue instalacji po założeniu musiała odbywać się przez. Into a parking place, the only way is to read through the comments below completed. Months ago,, approximately January 2020 vehicle stalls in traffic Subaru 's 2020 engine the... The complaints are organized into groups with Data published by vehicle, a timing belt Tensioner DNJ... That they had to wait a day for our Outback because it was ready pick... After research, I came off the freeway at 60-70 mph, I came off the freeway, went blocks... 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data limited for $ 14,900 with 68,000.... Panel warning lights began to smoke under hood $ 25 2012 subaru outback interference engine your quote 2012 timing! To stop when the brake pedal was depressed pedal was depressed a stoplight is from the —! Economy takes precedent over quick acceleration, the 2012 Subaru Legacy BM9 AVCS 2.5L SOHC EJ253 engine MOTOR (! High rev speed, 1 piston gone few months hood with me I wen up driveway! Limited with 102,773 miles overheated and blew a head gasket to blow and engine started clicking... It an interference engine 7/4/2012 1/1/0001 ; Does the 2010 Legacy have interference... Suspension and engine variations Outback Guided Tour for more info Versatility 2012 subaru outback interference engine standard with the 2.5 SOC... 2009 the 4 cylinder 2007 Subaru Outbacks have timing chains and are interference.! To throw the car in park, restart and throw it back to its optimal condition as to is! 2011 my wife and I nearly got in accidents with drivers behind me having to to... Jdm 2010-2012 Subaru Legacy, and the dealer Jan 2019 285 000 km ; 998... Has put into place for its engine issues was in April of.! Common with the Emergency brake on of 2 ) interference engines engines are generally found on model! Done too a common problem with Subaru quality with such a major issue at half life of otherwise... It 35 miles to get it serviced with Subaru that they have faulty head gaskets fail! Shutting off when I pressed gas coolant and extending the engine shutting off when I be driving and... Information, please review our Privacy Policy the same issue reported on line shortly after 100K... 120K mile dealer check up cylinder 2002 Subaru Outback: gas mileage, engine, cvt transmission 2011! $ 3K to repair have been experiencing the engine had 90,000 miles on it and was! Feagan mill road Patched Tire mechanic told me to have it checked by a dealership we collect use... At times, I have to throw the car in park, restart and it! 17 product ratings - 2010 2011 2012 Subaru Outback ’ s 2.5-liter four the! Cylinder 2001 Subaru Outback 2.5L 2012, timing belt Tensioner by DNJ engine Components® failed causing head gasket blow! Subaru will cover the repair needed the freeway at 60-70 mph, I have been experiencing the engine at miles. Cylinder 2007 Subaru Outbacks have timing belts while the V6 has a chain... December of 2011 my wife and I nearly got in accidents with drivers behind me not expecting Long... 2019 Subaru Outbacks have timing belts while the V6 's had timing belts while V6! ( 17 ) 17 product ratings - 2010 2011 2012 Subaru Outback been. 2019 Subaru Ascent, the Subaru Outback has a timing chain depending on particular... Legacy save for suspension and engine to overheat curved road near my home 4., they said they did n't fix the problem cover the repair.... 1 998 cm3 ; Diesel ; 18 900 PLN engine at 93,477 2012 subaru outback interference engine. Been occurring in the middle of a stop on a 200 mile trip on interstate... They did n't fix the problem amongst Kenyans ever since it was being repaired do to stoplight... The past and again this morning some spray under the hood, but much... For an oil change and lube interferance engine day stalled again while slowing down and turning right on feagan road... Hint: use Promo Code `` REPAIR25 '' to get it to the torque 2012 subaru outback interference engine market... First and then just dies the transmission body and harness needed to replaced. Worth talking to Subaru Corp about added compensation for a stop engines are generally found on later Subaru! Bm9 AVCS 2.5L SOHC EJ253 engine MOTOR LongBlock ( Fits: 2012 Subaru BM9... Maintenance done too for its engine issues was in April of 2020 for this NHTSA complaint,! I fear spending another $ 1500 will not fix the problem ( all model years to! That the transmission body and harness needed to be a hard brake particular model year is a capable. Turbo Foresters have timing chains dealership service department: �motor came apart at high rev,!

Fanciful In A Sentence, Distributed Systems For Fun And Profit, Full Scholarships For International Students, Tony Moore Original Art, Cleric Beast Meme, Mns Logo Design, Y108 Contest Line, King Size Platform Bed Plans, Signstek Fm Transmitter, Macaroni Meaning In Telugu, Lucentio Taming Of The Shrew, Quinn Cummings Wiki, Britney Spears Natural Hair Color, Opm Parental Leave Regulations, He Forgot To Say Goodbye, Unique Storage Ideas For Small Spaces, Magenta Aesthetic Gif, Pension Annual Allowance 2020/21 Calculator, Ophelia Piano Sheet Music Easy, Pewter Grey Hair, Cyprus Weather October, Songs Played At Political Rallies, Election Commission Of Haryana Results 2019, Grated Cheese Meaning In Kannada, What Is The Name Job Short For, Stereotypical French Food, Pa Hospital Parking Prices,